A variety of different production processes used in metal products, is casting the foundry industry but one branch, as described below.
Table 3. Production Processes Metal
Figure 2. Overview of Process Relations and Non-Ferrous Metal Production UK
Metal can cast at foundries sub-divided into several main groups as shown in Table 4 below.
Table 4. Different Metals used for Casting Production
Various Metals used for foundry castings production solutions needed for a wide range of uses and range in size from a few grams to components weighing produced castings for ships and offshore oil rigs, which can weigh up to 300 tons. An overview of some of the products produced below.
● 26% of castings produced in the UK.
● includes energy production, mining, shipping, railways and pipes. Automotive parts:
● 31% of UK output solutions for passenger vehicles.
● 18% are produced for commercial vehicles.
Telecommunications, leisure and household items:
● Golf clubs
● casings mobile phone
● taps, plumbing fittings
● door handles
● components in household appliances Implants
● hip femoral
● femoral & components knee tibial
● shoulder, elbow wrist and components
● staples Surgical
Decorative railing(reproduction of a Victorian design originally cast in iron)
Architectural and street furniture:
● lamp posts, benches, rails
● building components