History of centrifugal pumps

Centrifugal pumps are a subclass of the turbomachinery by dynamic absorbing work revolution. the centrifugal pumps are used to transport fluids through the conversion of the kinetic energy of rotation to the hydrodynamic energy of the fluid flow. The rotational energy usually comes of an engine or an electric motor. The fluid enters the wheel pump along or near the axis of rotation and is accelerated by the impeller, flowing radially outward in a room diffuser or volute (casing), Jāzeps it.

Common uses include air, water, sewage, oil and petrochemical pumping. The inverse function of the centrifugal pump is a turbine water by converting the potential energy of water into mechanical energy of rotation pressure.

According to Reti, the first machine that could be characterized as a centrifugal pump is a machine of the lifting mud that appeared as early as 1475 in a treatise by the Italian Renaissance engineer Francesco di Giorgio Martini. pumps centrifugal real were not developed until the end of the 17th century, when Denis Papin built one using straight blades. Curved Dawn was introduced by the British inventor John Appold in 1851.

spacer